Friday, October 10, 2008

"Ketchup"

"Ketchup" was a term I used in my classroom for the times in the school day's schedule when we could catch up on any and everything that needed catching up on. This post is a "Ketchup" post because I have a medley of events to catch up on as far as blogging goes.
First thing's first.... I think everyone in cyberspace needs to know... I won the Guitar Hero Competition at work last week. It's a shame you can't see my fake tattoos in this picture. 



Oh! And I convinced the rest of my department to put fake tattoos on as well. I happen to have a rather large supply of fake tattoos. 
On an unrelated note, if any of you happen to come across any super cool or cheesy fake tattoos, please let me know.

Tonight one of my best friends and I had the opportunity to have dinner with former students of ours who happen to be brother and sister. Their mom called us to arrange the dinner and we showed up as the surprise guests of honor.  I have to say, I felt a little like a celebrity when five kids came running into the front yard to greet us, screaming our names. My former student, Christian, was one of the few boys in my class last year that wasn't too cool to give his teacher a hug. He was always so sweet to me and laughed at all the jokes I told, even when they weren't funny (which only happened like once).  It was such a fun night! But I have to admit I'm exhausted from being mauled by five small children non-stop for three hours. (How did I ever teach school?)

A couple of weeks ago, I needed to make a treat for a game night with some friends. I handed the job over to a few of my nephews just to see how it would come together. It was the cutest thing... there were marshmallows and Golden Grahams all over! The oldest of the bunch took the job very seriously while the other two snacked on the ingredients that were spilled on the counter. I didn't have the heart to tell my friends that three darling children had either touched or slobbered on each piece of the treat. 

One of my nephews turned 6 last week! Here are some super cute photos of some super cute kids at the birthday party.





6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you won the contest at work. You know what they say....practice makes perfect. And why is my oldest child either cring or looking like he wants to hit someone in all the pictures. You sure captured his true personality.
Marcie- not Norm

malibumoons said...

Way fun pics. I have never played Guitar Hero but it looks like fun. Why did you stop teaching school?

Hollie said...

It's good to see what you truly do at work, I was beginning to wonder. So how do I get one of these "Guitar Hero" playing jobs?

"The Queen in Residence" said...

I am so jealous that Christian's family got you all to themselves...but what fun.

I want to work where you do, what fun and I loved the tattoos!!!

It is always best never to reveal who your helpers are when making treats for work.

Lincoln and Alisia said...

MmMmm. I love "Ketchup."

Anonymous said...

Meg! Cute blog... we should be blog friends, too.

-Cambria