Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Ill Intentions & An Identity Crisis


So I have had every intention of blogging over the course of the last month-ish. But life got crazy somehow. I attribute the craziness to the following factors:
1. Break up
2. Bad hair month 
3. Crazy women who refuse to retire and make all our lives easier
4. The curse of living or possibly working on land that was once an ancient Indian burial ground
5. Beets. Bears. Battlestar Gallactica.
6. Communicable diseases
7. October 31st and the squares on the calendar that precede it.

1-Break up? Yeah, I did that. Turns out I'm getting better and better at them. I'm actually thinking of possibly writing a book, creating a support group, or becoming a professional trainer on break up how-tos. I can break up in my sleep ... with one had tied behind my back. Man, this one was different though. It was definitely not cut and dry; something that is still on my mind. Sometimes I hate thinking.
2- Bad hair month. I wonder if there's any correlation between break ups, stress at work, and the amount of hair that falls out of my head each time I wash my hair. I think the only solution is to stop washing my hair.  Think of all the time and money I'll save!
3- Crazy woman who won't retire... referenced above in "stress at work." Bless her heart...
4- Ancient Indian burial ground. I don't make the rules, I just deal with them. Everyone around me is sick and afflicted in some way lately. I can ONLY attribute this to the fact that we are either living or working on ground that was once an ancient Indian burial ground. Just ask Michael, he knows what I'm talking about.
5- Which bear is best?
6- Communicable diseases. Today is Wednesday, almost Thursday. One week ago today I came from work with a fever and aches which I fought viciously for the next 3 days. They were followed by dizziness and cold-like symptoms on Sunday and a sinus infection, pink eyes (yes, both eyes), and a bronchial infection on Monday. Needless to say I'm rather behind at work and can't stand the sight of the ceiling in my room.
7- October 31st. Halloween is my most favorite of holidays. Not that I don't love Christmas. I mean, I have a heart so I enjoy the holiday. But you certainly don't get to wear a costume and dance around to loud music while eating sugar-based sweets. Think about it.
It is actually item #7 on my list of factors that lead to my identity crisis this Halloween season. See photos below:

Princess Lea sewn by my sister, Hollie. 
Reused from a previous Halloween.
The Friday before Halloween.
Matching flappers sewn by my mom (maybe Hollie). 
Used from the old high school dance days (Remember Marcie?)
The Saturday before Halloween.
The Cowardly Lion. Sweats purchased at Target. 
Idea from a previous year. 
Hair curled by Marcie.
The Monday before Halloween.

And presenting my actual 2008 Halloween costume....
Sewn by my very talented sister, Hollie! 
This was by far my favorite costume yet! 
She did such a great job. I was complimented on the dress countless times.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Meg! I love your Halloween costumes! You by far win the award for the most festivous at Halloween! You are lucky to have your own personal seamstress. :)

Mechelle said...

I love your costumes! They are great! I hate when my hair falls out- I feel at times like I will go bald- but remember it is just like you said- we would save a bunch of money!

Lincoln and Alisia said...

Too cute. I love all the costumes. And more that you changed it up for every party.

Jenny H said...

You are so darling. You look adorable in all those costumes, and I want a witch costume like yours!!!
I hope this month is less stressful for you!

Marcie said...

Meg You look great in all the costumes. Now if only you could have squeezed Cinderella in somehow! Your hair looked cute, just doing my part to contribute to the "Megan's month of Halloween fun.

Hollie said...

I have a picture of you wearing the "indian girl" costume I made for you when you were like 9, if you want to add it to the post. Yarn hair and all.
Also, if you wear the witch again, let me try fixing the petticoat. I just can't sew when I'm crying. But you look adorable anyway.

Mitchell Family said...

such a cute witch costume!!! love it.

Lindsay said...

I loved your variety of costumes! Let's hope that November is better than October in a couple of ways.