Thursday, April 16, 2009

Don't Judge Me

For weeks now, I have been talking to my oldest niece about our date night. I had taken her older brother and cousins out on movie "dates" when they finished reading books that were made into movies. She was feeling a little left out because she hasn't learned to read yet. So I told her that she and I could go on a date of our own. She decided that she wanted to see a movie too. But not just any movie, the Hannah Montana movie. I begged, pleaded, and bartered with her to try to get her to choose something else... anything else! But she would not budge.

So a few nights ago, I picked my niece up for our date and we went to see this movie. She made her mom do her hair again so that it looked cute. She giggled and chatted the whole way to the movie theater. I did my best to act excited while thinking to myself, "When she's an adult I'm going to use this night as leverage to get a favor out of her." We parked the car and she grabbed my hand and started skipping into the theater, grinning from ear to ear. Our conversation about how super cool Hannah Montana is was cut short as the previews began rolling. She giggled, grabbed my arm and looked at me with an expression that made me think she might actually explode. 

From the second Hannah Montana appeared on the screen, my niece was like a statue who no longer cared about her Sprite or the popcorn, and who forgot about her candy I had stowed away in my purse. It was pretty darn cute.

The movie ended. Later that night and the next day at work, many people asked me how the movie was. And I'm just going to put it out there... I liked it. Don't judge me.


7 comments:

Michelle said...

That's so cute that you take them out on little dates! You are such a fun aunt! I haven't seen that movie, but I've heard of many others that liked it as well. :)

Mark and Kandice said...

Consider yourself judged...Dork!

Michelle said...

Those pictures are really cute. I need some nieces and nephews....right now.

Siggy said...

I really wish that I had a niece to go see the movie with...I secretly have been wanting to see it! ha ha

Lindsay said...

I wish my niece was old enough (and close enough) to spend time with her. She's lucky she has you!

The Professor said...

Just goes to show, it's not always what you see, it's who you see it with.

Andrea said...

Okay, I can't judge because I didn't even go with my niece, my sisters and a couple of friends went, and well ran into some students, and I liked it as well. I'm now learning the Hoedown Throwdown dance to do with my students at the final assembly. No judging. :)