Thursday, April 2, 2009

Things I Don't Do Often Enough

1. Wear plum purple shoes
2. Go to bed before 12:30 am
3. Floss my teeth
4. Drive exactly 65 mph on the freeway
5.  Take time to literally stop and smell the roses
6. Go to a public place without a stitch of makeup on just to show the world I don't care
7. Fly a kite
8. Hike Adam's Canyon- It's right there!
9. Call my sisters for no particular reason
10. Have sleepovers with the nieces and nephews
11. Wear a dress on Casual Friday
12. Play Go Fish
13. Write in my journal
14. Tell people how much I appreciate them
15. Drive in the car with the radio off and possibly with the windows down
16. Stay home on a Saturday night just to read a book
17. Strike up a conversation with a complete stranger in a public place
18. Visit the public library
19. GO TO THE SYMPHONY!
20. Go into work early just to feel like I'm trying extra hard that day
21. Tell someone when they've hurt my feelings (Yeah, I'm ten years old.)
22. Stand up for people being trash-talked when they're not around to stand up for themselves
23. Listen to fm100.3
24. Surprise loved ones with little treats
25. Think about what I'm going to say before I actually say it
26. Sing in the shower
27. Quietly ponder
28. Send letters in the mail
29. Turn down a treat (It's surprisingly a very empowering feeling)
30. Just get down when I hear an old school hip hop song 
31. Cry when I feel the need to
32. Admit when I'm wrong (This is totally Norm's fault!)
33. Bake cookies for no particular reason
34. Walk to work
35. Ask my mom what she needs help with
36. Try something new and and potentially risky
37. Watch Saturday morning cartoons (Do they still have those?)



5 comments:

oof said...

Don't forget you need to grill more often, too.

Tatiana said...

There are some things on there I don't do enough either. It kind of scared me the day I wanted to drive in the car with soft music and I turned it to 100.3, scary that I listen to it most of the time if I'm not listening to country. Also, love the pictures of S.O. I miss Blakey and his brothers. I really wanted to do it this year but considering my current circumstances {and the fact that none of my winter clothes fit} I thought I'd take this year off. So sad, but glad that you got a good one of Steve. He's so fast you know! :)

Michelle said...

I liked your list Megan.

Mine would have to include "Wear makeup more often in public places"

Jenny H said...

I own a pair of plum purple heels actually. You are more than welcome to borrow them:)

Marcie said...

Well, sence you mentioned it I know 2 little boys who would love to have a sleepover with you TONITE! I am sure they will play go fish with you and I'd be willing to bet that Brighton would not need much convincing to wear purple shoes.:)