Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Don't Try This at Home... Actually, Do..

I don't have a lot of time to write. But I just wanted to leave a bit of dating advice on my blog... because it's been far too long since I've done so. And I'm sure you're all lost and hopeless without it, eh.

My advice for you today would be this:

1) If you have a best friend of the opposite gender, try dating them. Because it happens to be lots and lots of fun... or so I've heard. If you already know you like being around them, you have things in common, you know how to communicate (otherwise you wouldn't be friends), you are attracted to them to some degree (otherwise you wouldn't be friends), and you're both single (otherwise you wouldn't be best friends), then you should totally date. Just give it a whirl. What have you got to lose? If you're worried about ruining the friendship, don't. You have to know that someday you won't be able to be close friends with them when/if you marry someone else.... so.... yeah, either way there's a risk of losing the friendship. Plus, chances are, if he's sticking around as your friend for a long time, he's probably into you (to some degree). Trust me. (wink, wink)
But PLEASE don't say anything to him about your plan to date him. This has been proven to fail. Also, pray that he doesn't do the same. Let it happen naturally, but help it along. Start doing little things to shift the direction in which your friend*ship* is headed. Spend more time, be more sincere, more open, and more attractive, if you can help it.
Who knows what will happen...

2) It is now widely acceptable in the grammar community to begin sentences with conjunctions. So that's my second piece of advice. Begin some sentences with conjunctions and enjoy the freedom of knowing it's okay. Go on now, give it a whirl. You can thank me later.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best advice I've ever heard! Is this concerning a certain someone whose middle name is Eugene! Cute, I give my hearty consent! :) I noticed a little somethin somethin friendlier than usual at Jackson Hole :) Way to go!

Emmy said...

*wink wink*

Siggy said...

Love it...I need to take this advice to heart!

Natalie and Spencer said...

Yay!!

Mrs. Laura Kay Pettit said...

Sooooooo....does this mean you learned this piece of advice through a current experience? I miss you! Especially when a new school year starts and I think about you and the fun we had! Stay in touch!

Michelle said...

Wait.....are you dating someone?