Sunday, August 2, 2009

Summing up some summer

I'm currently sitting at my kitchen table, trying everything I can to avoid doing more editing. As I was sitting here, pa rousing some blogs (non-productively), I heard some music begin from a spare room at my house. I listen closely and realized it was a lullaby CD that is kept in the CD player at all times to aid with naps for the kidlets to whom I'm related. How did this lullaby music suddenly turn itself on? I don't have the answer to that. But I do know that it's beckoning me to take a nap. I don't usually believe in signs... but this one is just so clear.

I have been tired a lot lately, for good reason. It's summer, and there are a lot of fun things going on in my life as of late. Such as:

Coke slurpees
Mozart
Flowers
Mendelssohn
Deer Valley
late night convertible drives
Robert Redford (indirectly)
Electric harp
Miniature golfing
Moonlight bike ride
swimming, swimming, swimming
yoga
Tchaikovsky
Burgers
Friends
Burgers with friends
Run-ins with the law
Dinosaurs
Muddy Buddies
Star Wars
Weber River
Backroads and parkways on my bike
Deer with HUGE antlers
Cannons
Editing, writing, standards, assessments....

Here's to hoping for an even more eventful August!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

By "Cannons" are you referring to the cannon that goes off 13 times on the 4th in our hometown? I love and hate that thing all at once.

Alisha said...

Mmmmm... muddy buddies. I think I will go make some right now. Thanks for the great idea, summer is awesome!

tscotriverside said...

Megan, you always leave the best comments on my blog. Thank you for that. I'm happy to know that you over-looked my mispelling of Seattle. As a tribute to you, I'm going to leave it that way. Now you'll always have proof that you're a better speller than I am.