Monday, November 24, 2008

Baffled.

I've learned a lot of things in my life. Especially the past few years, it seems. But if there's a concept that I seem to keep learning more and more about, it's that things in life don't turn out like you'd expect. Not even the way you want them to, and sometimes not even in a way that you could have anticipated. That's what's on my mind tonight. Life is good. I'm generally happy. But man, life can sure throw some curve balls. 
I don't know of one person who could say that they are doing today what they had set to do five years previous. I mean, I planned to be alive... I met that goal. But other than that, not one single aspect of my life is what I thought it would be five years ago. In hindsight, not meeting some of those goals is probably a good thing. I'm sure I wouldn't have much time for family and other important things if I had really become the CEO of a large corporation by now. :)
I guess I'm posting just to make a statement. I'm not sharing thoughts of happy or sad things. It is what it is, and it's a fact. Life is full of surprises. Most surprises happen for a reason; sometimes we don't know what the reason is for years to come. And that's what I'm going to keep telling myself: someday I'll know why things worked out the way they did.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

So true! Life is full of crazy new adventures and things that you wouldn't have ever expected. Had you told me even last year that I would be married and living in Nebraska of all places I would've thought you were crazy. :) By the way the muddy buddies were delicious!

Jenny H said...

Oh yes.
I know this well.
But, I have to admit sometimes those curve balls are the most beautiful little blessings.:)

Menlove Family said...

Isn't life crazy! When I look at your blog it totally reminds me of the good ole Weber days! They were so fun! Now look at us all grown up with crazy lives! I seriously miss you!!

Lindsay said...

Hear, hear! That is so true! I've learned that you should have goals but they should be flexible. I love your blog by the way!

Megan said...

I love my friends :)
I love the feedback that you have all given on the topic. It's nice to know that people you respect and care about experience the same feelings.

Marcie said...

Hide site is always 20/20. If you had told me two years ago that my life would be what it is today, I would have never believed you. Life usually doesn't go how we want, but if there is one thing I have learned over the last two years it is that, sometimes when you don't have much you realize how much you have.

The Professor said...

My path makes a lot more sense looking back than it ever did looking forward. It's nice to know that someone has planned ahead for the decisions (good and bad) that you are going to make.

"The Queen in Residence" said...

This isn't going to help but I am still trying to figure out why things are happening to us..... I guess that is what males it all so interesting. I hope that along the way that the things that did not happen as you planned also allowed for some awsome moments of joy. I know that no matter what brought us to this area, I am so glad that we got to know you.
Happy Turkey Day!!!

Michelle said...

AMEN