Friday, November 7, 2008

Farewell to Four Pounds

You may recall a post from a few weeks ago about a fitness competition that I was joining with a girl from work, Farewell to Fat. Well tonight was the final weigh-in. Let me preface if by telling you... I haven't worked out in over 10 days (I've been sick), I cheat almost daily on my new no-sugar challenge, I've been lethargic and sick, and I can't remember a vegetable that I've purposely eaten in the last 12 days. Needless to say I was dreading the final weigh-in. 
HOWEVER, I came up 4 pound lighter than the last weigh-in two weeks ago.  My team won 2nd place in total pounds lost and first place in points (keeping food journals, exercising, following nutrition challenges, etc.).
Moral of the story: eat whatever the heck you want, exercise when you can and just pray for the flu before you have to weigh yourself. 

6 comments:

Marcie said...

How come this does'nt work for me? this has been my modo sence 2001!

oof said...

Perhaps you've discovered that sugar plays an important role in the human immune system! Or, maybe honesty in sugar free challenges...

I can't decide.

Megan said...

Honesty... what's that? It sounds vaguely familiar.

Hey, I blame my friends in the challenge for not blogging. They could have found me out long ago!

Menlove Family said...

Congratulations!! So did you win anything???

Chaleese said...

Wow! Good job! I wish I could lose some weight! Except I can't stay away form french fries, any kind of sweets, and diet coke! So I guess I am not going to be losing weight anytime soon :(

"The Queen in Residence" said...

Missed seeing you in the bloggy world. So much has happened in your posts. Loved the costumes, I too love halloween and I was sick then. This week it is the kids.....:(! So sorry that your life has been so exciting, but this too shall pass. DQ, says hi!!!