Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Europa or Bust!

I am twenty-five years old and I have never left the country. I have always wanted to. In fact, there have been times when I've wanted to flee the country. But I've always been so busy being an adult, focusing on school, trying to get ahead at work, that I haven't dared take the risk of going on a trip to Europe.
BUT.... I did it. I purchased plane tickets to Frankfurt. I am leaving May 23rd and returning three weeks later. I feel really lucky to be able to take this trip and to have an employer who is willing to work with me on this. Yes, it is going to be a big pain in the butt to work holidays and weekends to earn this privilege... but it will be totally worth it! Plus I have to work overtime anyhow these days to make a deadline in 3 weeks. So, win-win, I think.
My friend and I have said for years now that we would go to Europe as soon as we were both graduated from college. He graduates this May, so off we go! A third friend joined in on our plan, as well, last year. I have been good friends with both of these boys for years, so it will be very fun, very comfortable, and hopefully very safe (I'll be the one protecting them, of course). They're great, I promise. If you don't believe me, these pictures speak for themselves:
I can't think of anything better than spending my 26th birthday in Italy with two of my very best friends! Now I just have to mentally prepare myself for hostiles and germ-ridden, busy cities... yikes! {What was I thinking?}

5 comments:

oof said...

Surprisingly enough, I'll bet that most of the gentlemen you run in to look an awful lot like these two. Probably smell worse, though.

Michelle said...

How fun Meg! I'm totally jealous that you are going to Europe! But you might as well while you can right! Good luck with the hostiles....haha those are good times let me tell you! Oh and those pics make me worried for you! haha

Lincoln and Alisia said...

Yay!!! That sounds so fun! And those guys are great. You are going to have a blast.

Tatiana said...

Yeah for you! I'm so jealous! I'm at a point where I want to go ANYWHERE but here! Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be going anywhere soon...so jealous! Enjoy it! Eat something yummy for me!

jess said...

Meggars you are going to LOVE Europe. Carli and I took a trip before she got married and it was the funnest adventure!! I am sure with these two hooligans at your side you are up for good times ;)