Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Year in Pictures. So Far, Anyway.

It's only March ... or maybe April by the time I post this. But so far this year has proven itself to be a good one. It could possibly be up for the title of one of the best years of my life thus far. Here are some of the things that have kept my busy:

Okay, there's really no reason for this photo... other than I think it's funny. :)

The Special Olympic Utah Winter Games
Quite possibly my favorite event of each year.
I look forward to spending the weekend at the games with these 3 brothers every year... for 7 years now. Nothing like being teased relentlessly for 2-3 days by 3 brothers.

The athlete below has asked me to marry him for nearly 7 years in a row now. 
Gotta admire that determination.

Yes, they light a real torch at the Opening Ceremonies.


The band that played for the dance after the ceremonies let the athletes "perform" on their instruments. This was the cutest thing I've seen in a long time!


My cute friend Natalie and I convinced our office to hold a Valentine's exchange. We were a little homesick for our teacher days. Some of them really got into it. Check out our Valentine boxes!


I got a lot of grief for co-planning this and then using a bag from the store as my Valentine Box. Oops.

I got to play Cinderella for a local elementary school's Literacy Night.  I took one of my nephews with me to play Prince Charming. He was a great sport!
 (And he's going to kill me when he's a teenager!)
His little sister was so excited to see us when I took him home that she ran upstairs to put on her "Cinderella-la" dress. 

I sang "karaoke" to Rock Band. I always refuse to sing- always! But my cute friend offered to sing a duet... and I actually enjoyed it. But don't tell my friends— my fake guitar skills are much more developed.

I have begun to notice a pattern of falling asleep at social events... prior to 10 p.m. This phenomenon may or may not be related to the patch of grey hair developing near the part in my hair.
I learned the Cha Cha and that chivalry might not be dead, all in the same evening!
I discovered that just because you show up to the Holi Festival of Colors after the throwing of colors, doesn't necessarily mean that some wild, strange 18-year-old girl won't randomly throw a fistful of pink chalk right into your eyes while running by at an incredibly fast rate. 
(Sometimes nothing gets your point across like a good run-on sentence.)
I figure if the first quarter of the year was already THAT good, there's bound to be even more to be had in the last three quarters. 

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I love the pink face Meg! Looks like you've had a great year so far!

Michelle said...

Special Olympics warm my heart...just like your face.