Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Taken

About 3 weeks ago, I went with a few of my friends to see the movie "Taken." It is an action/thriller movie that I wouldn't recommend to anyone who has feelings. Just to give credit where credit is due...  the movie has a well-developed plot, good actors, and kept me on the edge of my seat. But it scared me to death! I lied awake in my bed until 4 am after returning from the movie! 4 am, I tell you! It probably didn't help that my super sensitive guy friends kept emphasizing how worried I should be about have a similar experience in Europe. Bless their hearts...

All this to say, that what I'm about to write has nothing to do with this movie. It just happened to be a coincidence that the title of the movie and the title of my post are the same. See the movie, or don't— I really don't care.

However, I do car about THIS:


This guy— taken. 

It is not fair that a boy this cute, this talented, this nice it THIS TAKEN. But for what it's worth, my dad told me I'm cuter than his wife. Nothing like a completely unbiased opinion to make you feel better. I ask you America, is it fair that we let this boy win when he's taken? How many 14-year-old girls will go crush-less if the next American Idol is a married man? We can't let this happen! David Archeleta is so Season 7. Not to mention, WAY too young for me to have had a crush on last year. And so, I ask for you help in my venture to get a legally crush-able American Idol. It's been too long, and together... we CAN do this!


Since I honor the bonds of marriage and all that, I present to you my Plan B: 


I know, my last post gave the impression that being a Plan B was a bad thing. But that doesn't apply to Hollywood scenarios. Plus, I figure since I'll never actually meet Anoop and have to tell him to his face that he was my Plan B celebrity crush, he won't feel too bad. Win-win.

But now you have an idea of what I'm looking for. You can see that I'm not too picky. I'm simply looking for someone with star potential, someone who I can admire from afar by way of Fox broadcasting. But hey, if I happen to meet a boy this endearing in real life... even better!

2 comments:

Hollie said...

I like your Plan B, especially after tonights performance. I did like Plan A too, but he must not be too smart, showing his wife on screen and all. Hollywood is all about suppressing who you really are (ie married) and pretending to be something that most people (especially women 18-30) want (ie potential boyfriend/spouse material). History has shown how important it is to pretend if you want to be a star. But look at it this way. Plan B could always get a stable job in IT support if the American Idol thing doesn't pan out.

Marcie said...

While I agree Kris Allen is MAJOR EYE CANDY oh yeah and he can sing too, I fell the need to present a Plan C. What about Matt Giraud? He has that whole Justin Timberlake thing going on and we all know how bad you had it for JT in the late 90's. And he plays the Piano. Just picture the two of you growing old together and sitting at your paino playing duets together. It's not that I have anything againts Anoop, I just envision your furture children with bushy, black uni-brows. I'm just asking you to consider your options.