Wednesday, July 29, 2009

All in a day's work...



One of my good friends at work left our company today to go back to teaching [gasp!] I am so sad about her leaving that I have decided to compose a post in her honor. It's kind of like a Eulogy, if you will... only not as depressing.
["I'm a you-goo-guh-lizer."— Name that movie! ]



Nat, remember that time we made french toast in our office for French Toast Friday?

And how we teased Charlene for cutting her french toast up
like a mother does for their toddler?
What about the many naps we took at our desks?

Or the few times we actually sat on our "fitness orbs?"
Like this time you made me sit on yours because it matched my cardigan so well?

Oh, and our monthly-themed whiteboard?
(Our drawing skills were really starting to come along...)


How about the time we made everyone in our office create a
Valentine's Day box and pass out Valentine's cards to each other? . . .
.... And I accidentally forgot to make one and improvised with a gift bag?


Or the time we had comfy-clothes day...

... combined with banana pancake day...

... and I kind of forgot to wear my pjs.

And you griddled up the best banana pancakes I've ever had
(also the only banana pancakes I've ever had)?

Yeah, I remember, too. Those were the days....
We will miss you! Good luck with the kidlets!

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

It looks like you have a fun time at work! Did you wear that cardigan on purpose, to match the ball?

Zoolander is a funny, funny movie.
"Mer-man! Mer-man!" and "I think I've got the black lung, pops" are my parent's favorite lines.

Classic to be.

Saunders Family said...

It really does look like your job is tons of fun. It almost makes me want to jump ship and join you. :)

Where is Natalie going to be teaching at?

Anonymous said...

Wow, I have to say that the giant ipod Valentine's box is awesome! Also, I just had banana pancakes for the first time the other day at IHOP. Delicious! :)

Cassia said...

A eugoogalizer. One who speaks at funerals. Or did you think I'd be too stupid to know what a eugoogly was?

Marcie said...

Is it just me or did you guys do an aweful lot of cooking in your office?

Natalie and Spencer said...

I just have to say that this is the nicest Eulogy anyone has ever written me!! We really did have tons of fun and I like how not once in your post are we actually working. :) I am so sad that I won't be sitting there next to you each and everyday and sharing more with you than I do with my own husband. Thanks Meg!!