Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Dis-Enchanted

This picture confirms your suspicions; I lead a double life........  Although sometimes it feels more like a triple or quadruple life.  I am an ex-school teacher, gone curriculum writer by day, and an aunt who's a sucker for her nieces and nephews by night.  My sister Hollie made this dress for me per my request when I was a junior in college (still much too old to be requesting Halloween costumes like this). Being the doll she is, she made it beautifully!  So beautifully, in fact, that her friend heard about the dress and called me up hoping to hire me for her daughter's birthday party.  Well, I was a hit!  Or at least the dress was and a little side-business sprang up involving me, this blue dress, and a lot of star-struck little girls.  I enjoyed every minute of the parties I went to... I feel like I've fulfilled any curiosities I've had about what it would be like to be Angelina Jolie.  Anyhow, I got super busy after college and had to give up the dress.... and the glass slippers.  Until now.  
My little niece Lauren has almost convinced herself and everyone around her that she is a princess. And who did she want at her birthday party? You guess it.  Yours truly.  So I did it for her.  And it was SO fun to celebrate at the party with my own niece.  It took everything in her not to tell her friends that I was her aunt.  By the end of the party, we had them all convinced that I was the REAL Cinderella from Disney Land.  Of course I am!  Why wouldn't I be?! ;)  Happy birthday, Lauren!

8 comments:

Hollie said...

Remember how after I made this dress you almost didn't wear it because you wanted to be Avril Lavigne instead?

Andrey do Amaral said...

very interesting. Good texts. You should publish a book.

Andrey do Amaral, from Brazil

Saunders Family said...

Meg you look absolutely adorable! Only you could pull this off so well :o)

Alisha said...

You actually look like Cinderella, I love it! I hope it's alright that I found you from Hollie's blog!

Browns said...

Sweet Meg, you really should think about starting up your Princess business again. :0)

Ashley Hansen said...

That is so funny! You look great and I can just imagine how fun the party was!

Marcie said...

Hey, just remember if I ever have a girl I will expect you to pull that dress out of storage, even if you are 30, married and pregnant! Your never to old to be a princess I think!

The Johnson Fam said...

You are so stinkin' cute! You could totally walk into Disneyland as the "real" Cinderella. Priceless. I would totally hire you for a princess party, maybe you should keep that dress handy!