Friday, June 6, 2008

School Teacher Has-Been

I am no stranger to the world of blogging. I have posted on 2 previous personal blogs and helped my 4th grade class to write and publish on a classroom blog last school year. Why then did I delete my personal blogs? Well, I have always loved writing..... writing anywhere and on anything. But when it comes to letting people read my pieces that I've poured my heart and soul into, it feels a little like the time the boy you had a crush on in 7th grade found and rummaged through your underwear drawer. But I like to think that my first 2 blogs were practice blogs that prepared me for writing publically.... for all of my MANY friends and family members who I'm sure are waiting with bated breath to read my postings! :)

Just last Friday I spent my very last day as a public school teacher. I taught the third grade for 2 years and the fourth grade for 1 year. I loved every minute of teaching! But I didn't always love the stress. One thing led to another and I accepted a job opportunity that came my way to work with a publishing company starting next week. This was no easy decision to make and I second guessed my choice to quit teaching all the way up to the last day of school (when I cried like a baby). However, I am very excited for the change and overall I know it was the right thing to do! I will be working in the state history textbook department. (I know what you're thinking: Nerd Alert! Which is why this job is perfect for me.) Once I am assigned a state, I get to study that state's history in depth and write the teacher's edition text books and develop all of the learning and enrichment materials. I will also have the opportunity to travel to some of the states and provide professional development to school districts on how to best teach with our materials they've purchased. Yikes.... I can't believe somebody's entrusting me with that much responsibility!

That is the very much abridged version of where I'm at in my life. Many posts will follow soon to recap some fond memories of education, vacations with friends, and undoubtedly some stories of love and romance!

3 comments:

Marcie said...

Love it meg! I like to read what my sisters write because I can hear the sarcasim and humor in there voices just as if I were writing the post myself. Now we just need to get Jenn going. Im so excited for you and your new adventure. You know I love you so much!!

ShaeMarie and Ryan said...

I can't believe that I found your blog on opening day! Sign me up as a reader! Good luck with the new job...you are perfect for it! Love Ya!

Browns said...

Not only can I stalk you on facebook, but now as a blogger! HA! HA!