Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Another One Bites the Dust And a Barking Child's Dog Bend!

I am happy to report that yet another member of the Sugar Free Challenge has caved, leaving only myself and two others. I was with the other two remaining members a couple of nights ago and we made guesses at who would fall next. The thing is... I don't know that any of us will. One of the boys is painfully laid back; it has probably never occurred to him that he's missing out on sugar. The other boy is painfully stubborn.... much like me. We decided that we'll probably have to track one another down when we're on our death beds to say that we decided to break the challenge before we died of old age. Maybe I'll still be blogging then. I'll be sure to post the results.

Also, I did yoga for the VERY first time in my life tonight. It was quite the experience. I will say that it was much more difficult than I had anticipated. I did break into a sweat and begin some heavy/fast breathing. I really enjoyed it, especially the nap I took the last few minutes during the "cool down." I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my gym will hold a class called Yoga for Inflexible People.

4 comments:

"The Queen in Residence" said...

I love Yoga. I used to think that it was just stretching and posing but there really is some hard work to it.

I tell you the secret to winning is bring in some stale doughnuts or anything that you despise and leave it in the break room. Those two remaining will sucumb and then you win and can resume life as a normal person, heavy on the carbs and sugar.

Mechelle said...

I just love you! Your blog makes me laugh so hard! I am so proud off you for the sugar challenge! I don't think that I could do it myself! I remember making muddy buddies together- hold strong! I'm not good at yoga but the relaxing part is something that I need!

Marcie said...

Meg your are becoming quite the little Health-Nut. You better be careful or we might have to kick you out of the family!

Michelle said...

Way to go! I wouldn't have lasted half an hour.

What are you doing Friday? I'm going to be in Centerville that night, perhaps we should get together?