Friday, September 5, 2008

Kill me.....

Just thought I'd give an update on the sugar situation. I hate it. I've been dreaming in chocolate and it's all I can do to keep myself from walking down to the vending machine at work for a bag of Peanut M & M's!
Also, one of the members dropped out of the bet yesterday (bless her heart, she had a break up) which means my odds of winning are much better. :) I should mention that I am sorry for her misfortune although I plan on capitalizing on her loss.  Now if I could just get the others to crack soon so I don't have to go on living like this... kill me!

On a more positive note.... I broke out in hives the night before last. That's been a real neat experience. I've only had hives one other time in my life... on my trip to Hawaii with some friends. I'm starting to notice a trend in friend trips and me being sick or afflicted....
I'm rather cynical when I write late at night, so I'd better save the space for another day.

5 comments:

"The Queen in Residence" said...

You want to win, bring in something dessert like that you despise and can resist for the break room. Just leave it there to tempt people and since you hate it there will be no temptation. Gor for the throat and win, so you can go back to normal. Life is too short to be miserable, as Queen Victoria ( I think it was her?) or was it Marie Antionette? said "let them eat cake!"

Hollie said...

Oh Megan. I truly feel for you. Hives and no chocolate. I wouldn't be able to cope!

Unknown said...

Maybe you are alergic to your friends!;) Hang in there, I know you can do it! Would it help if I start no sugar tomorrow?

Unknown said...

That last comment was me I was on Dad's computer. Don't worry, Norm doesn't read your blog!
Marcie

ShaeMarie and Ryan said...

I thought that was awfully generous of Norm...then I found out that it was Marcie! Why are you doing this to yourself! That pot better be a huge amount! To go along with sharing quotes, one of my faves is " just think of all of the women on the Titanic that passed up the dessert tray!" I say while the metabolism is still cracking, eat as much sugar as you want...one day after children you will have to watch your sugar intake... but not now! oh...and sorry about the hives, I bet that they are your bodies way of telling you to stop being CRAZY and eat some snacks!