Thursday, January 22, 2009

A rose by any other name would still smell as sweet...

Over the years, I have been called a great many things. Some of my nicknames have been terms of endearment and some have been adjectives or names that I never wish to hear again. However, it's the labels that have been given to me by my nieces and nephews in recent years that have been my favorite! I have been everything from a breakfast food to an adjective that means emitting a strong or unpleasant odor. 

Here are some of the many pronunciations of my name, Megan:
(spelled phonetically for your sake)

Nay-nee
Bacon
Gay-guhn
May-nee
Me-me
May-me
Me-kuhn
Meggy
May-tuhn
May-nuhn
Stinky- I know, it sounds nothing like my name. Odd, isn't it? :)

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I really want nieces and nephews. I bribe the married brothers the best I can but I just can't seem to squeeze any children out of them yet.

Your's sure sound cute.

Really, let's hang out....like this weekend?

Marcie said...

Brighty said: I love you Nay-nee!

Siggy said...

I thought I was the only one that had multiple mispronunciations of my name! And thanks for the hilarious blog, single mormon ladies rock!