Friday, January 23, 2009

Virgin Mary Toast. Jesus Cracker.

A few years ago, I saw something on the news about a special piece of toast that was posted for sale on ebay. It wasn't the type of bread used that made the toast so special. It wasn't the owner of the toast. It was the special image that managed to find its way onto the toasted surface of the piece of bread. You see, after the bread was toasted, an image of the virgin Mary appeared in the shading of the toasted portions of the bread. I couldn't see it. But apparently she was there, because thousands of either people saw the image, deemed the toast as spectacular, and placed their bids on ebay. I never did hear how much the toast went for.
And so, in honor of the virgin Mary toast, I present to you my Jesus Cracker. Sure, it's a whole wheat Ritz cracker. But look a little closer and I think you'll see what I'm talking about...
(Yes, it came this way, right out the package.)

Let the bids begin! I'm not sure what to start the bidding at... how much is your salvation worth?

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

I think I'm going to need a little bit more help here. I can't see Jesus. Oh no! Does that mean my salvation is at risk???
Help!

JjHansen said...

I see a coyote howling in front of a full moon. I might buy that on ebay. Maybe you should market it both way and see which one gets more money.

Marcie said...

I see a Beautiful young lady. But, if you turn it upside down I see I hagard old lady. I'll give you five bucks for it.

Michelle said...

I can't see Jesus either.

Ryland, Chelsea, Ryker & Tayden said...

I think you've had too many Ritz crackers, your starting to see things.

Michelle said...

I can't see Jesus either! That can't be a good sign! haha Humm...since I'm a poor grad student's wife I'll give you 25 cents. :)

"The Queen in Residence" said...

It looks like a bunny to me. I guess that means that I am going to h*#$! But at least it looks like I will be among friends.

So missing you, are you doing alright - sure hope so!!!