Monday, February 9, 2009

Dating Advice From the 4th Grade

Last year when I was teaching 4th grade, during a girls' lunch, I had all my decorative paper, scissors, stickers, and markers out for some project. The girls knew that another teacher at the school and I were throwing a party that weekend. They asked if they use the supplies to make signs or pictures for the party. I agreed. However, they decided to use their time creating books.... of DATING ADVICE. I just rediscovered these today and they made me laugh again. They are hilarious! Below, I have included some of the most creative or more disillusioned lists (with the actual spelling and punctuation used) for your reading pleasure. Enjoy!

Rules to Get Ready For A Date

#1 Do not wear to much make up or you'll look like a clown
#2 Be your self other wise you'll get dumped on the first date
#3 Pick the best outfit that fits you 
      don't wear things that make you uncomfortable other wise the date will go horrible
#4 Before you go on your date pack some emergency backup food incase you have the food
Hope you have a blast!

What A Girl Wants In A Guy. . .
  • honesty
  • complements
  • same likings
  • Funny
  • kind
  • Great Personality
  • Strong
  • Good Looking
  • smart (not a nerd)
  • Awesome smile
  • Nice to everyone
  • Dessert, Dinner, movies, beach
Date Ideas
  • Go to a remantic movie.
  • Act like you hate your outfit & he will feal sorry for you & buy you a new outfit
  • Ask him to take you to a dance & maybe he will kiss you!!
How To Fall In Love!
1) You have to be pretty
2) Wear makeup
3) laugh, even if it is not funny
4) Go on lots of dates
5) Kiss them when you feel like it. (JK)
6) Be nice to each other
7) Smile all the time
8) At a restaurant chew with your mouth closed!!!!!!!

What NOT to do on a date
1) Don't spill your food.
2) Always smile
3) Wear your date's favorite color/style
4) Keep a conversation going
5) If you get bored, don't date again or pick a more exciting date.

Movies to watch with a boy!
1) Becoming Jane
2) Princess diaries 1 or 2
3) Never been kissed
4) How to lose a guy in 10 days
5) Aqumariene
I hope you like eachother!!!

How to fall in love
a) Let the girl help decide on the date
b) Kiss at least 1x per date
c) Ask them on a date at least 1 week ahead of the actual date
d) Never ask them on the phone- do it face to face
For Boys

Rules To Go on A Date With Miss H
  • Make sure you wear a green tie
  • Shes really picky so get her the right food.
  • never talk about boy stuff.
  • Talk about how beautiful she is.
  • never ever eat while talking.
  • your hair has to be right
  • smile dont frown
  • Make her laugh
  • Give her chocolate
  • TAKE HER TO MEET THE JAZZ BEAR!
  • JUST HAVE FUN!
have my teacher married by the end of the year!


May you all find LOVE (of some kind) this Valentine's Day!!

7 comments:

Hollie said...

I think my favorite is "pack emergency food." A girl can never have too much emergency food!

Michelle said...

I love the "Laugh even if it's not funny" one! haha I think that probably happens a lot in dating just to be nice. That list is a keeper! :)

Lindsay said...

Those were really sweet comments and suggestions. I especially liked the "Take her to meet the Jazz Bear" tip. I'm sure that's the way to a girl's heart!

Michelle said...

I can totally use some of that advice.

Siggy said...

Love it! Love it! I seriously laughed so hard...so cute and so sentimental. I would be hanging on those for years to come. ps...of course you can follow my blog!!!

Alisha said...

That is probably the coolest thing that 4th graders have ever written! I really like at the end how they have rules for dating you. "your hair has to be right" and "give her chocolate" are probably my favs!

"The Queen in Residence" said...

I have an idea who composed that book. So scarey that they have all those ideas at 10, but I guess you can never start too early, maybe?
Happy ♥ DAy