Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Puffy Eyes

I'm having a hard time concentrating at work today... which is why I'm posting this. I'm convinced that I'll get this out of my mind and be able to move on.

I have very red and puffy eyes today, with dark circles to accompany the puffiness. There are few times in my life that I can ever remember sobbing. I did last night. I have a dear friend from my ward who wrote me to tell me that they no longer believe in things that they have believed in their whole life. They have chosen to give up a lifestyle and system of beliefs that have been central to their life for 27 years. I happen to share the same lifestyle and system of beliefs. I know how much it means to me... and how much it had meant to this person. My heart hurts for this person. 

8 comments:

The Johnson Fam said...

You have such a caring heart. I would never want to see someone as beautiful as you be sad. Pray for your friend and keep doing what you are doing! Take care.

oof said...

That sucks. I'm sick, so that's as eloquent as it gets right now.

Lincoln and Alisia said...

That is so hard. All you can do is pray for them. YOu really do care so much.

Lindsay said...

I think that is so much worse than being dumped. Some might not agree but it really tears your heart out in a whole new way.

Siggy said...

Wow...that is truly a hard thing for us who are faithful to have to go through. I feel your pain. It's happened to me a few times and my heart still is broken for them. I hope that you know that you are loved and are so great!

"The Queen in Residence" said...

I am the only one in my family (of my siblings) that holds to the faith. It is so hard!!! When we get together my siblings and their children swear, talk obscenly, it is as if they want to torment us with their unbelief. It is very hard, but it makes me appreciate my testimony, my period of unbelief and that I found the way back because my life is full.

Keep praying for them, it is never a good decision but hopefully they will understand that again one day.

Chaleese said...

I am sorry Megan. Life is hard sometimes, and we don't know why things happen. I am sad you are hurting. I know what your going through, it is hard to watch someone you love make decisions that you don't understand. Hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is :(