Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Someday My Prince Will... Grow?

Being the only single sibling on Valentine's Day has its advantages. For the past few years, my sister in Nevada has sent me prize each Valentine's Day with a note to let me know that she's thinking of me. This year she went all out and sent me a Valentine's Day survival package.
The card said, "Someday Your Prince Will Come."
I told my nephews that my boyfriend came in the mail. Yes, I lied to them. But they played along with it, so I figure it's okay. Apparently they haven't seen any real prospects for a new uncle coming around lately, because they really took to the idea of this mail-order boyfriend. 
It was a frog that I had to kiss and then soak in water to watch him turn into a prince.
And over the course of 72 hours he would grow.
Even Miss A got in on the excitement.
The irony of the whole situation is that is was supposed to be simple; 
a JUST ADD WATER BOYFRIEND.
The instructions said that within minutes, the frog should start to transform into a prince. After about 10 minutes of waiting, a loving family member joked 
that I probably didn't read the instructions correctly, just like my real dating life. 
Well, it's true. I missed a step (just like in my real dating life- or at least it feels that way.) 
Once I figured out what I was doing wrong, the frog began to turn into a prince.
And over the course of the next 72 hours, he reached the height of four inches. 
Which is also ironic because that's the average height of the boys I date. 
Wow! There are so many parallels I could draw from this experiment. 
But I won't because they'll all be of a mocking, sarcastic nature. 

I would post a picture of the final product, but my story isn't finished yet. 
I have yet to find the frog that I think is a prince. 
As soon as I do, I will post a picture of the actual frog-turned-prince. 
But don't hold your breath... 
who knows if blogging will still be the trend by the time this happens.

5 comments:

Marcie said...

He's a hottie! And the best part is he can't talk back.

Hollie said...

The prince looks llike he may be floating in amniotic fluid. Maybe another parallel?

Lincoln and Alisia said...

That is so cute!

Michelle said...

What a fun present for you to get. I wish I had a sisters, my smelly brothers would never do anything like that.

Although, they can beat up potentional suitors, which is almost as cool. I don't know how to spell potentional.

Anonymous said...

your blog is cute! I am a stalker.. i found you through cambria's blog. I don't know her either. I know when I said I'm a stlaker you were probably like WTF seriously... but I am just passing through.. I LOVE BLOGGING! and blogging friends..

and im not a creep. promise. :D

Shelby Lou