Monday, September 21, 2009

Cloudy With a Chance of Me Seeing that Movie Again


Last weekend, I went with my entire family to see, "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs." Since there are so many wee ones in my family, I've accepted the fact that if ever we head to the theaters, we are going to see a silly, mildly entertaining kids' show. However, I am pleased to announce that I was pleasantly surprised by this movie! It delivered the perfect balance of silliness and action sequences for kids, and witty, not so obvious humorous elements for adults. I laughed— a whole lot. I was almost embarrassed at how much I laughed. Maybe it's my love for food and giant babies... I don't know. But I recommend this movie to YOU. And the good news is that it beat out, "The Informant" by almost tripling its revenue. Maybe America does still have morals, after all...

Of course, seeing this movie only made me EVEN MORE excited (if that's at all possible) for the upcoming release of another children's book-based movie! Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about!



In other news, I am home from work, sick in bed. I sure love those little kidlets in my life... even when they carry communicable diseases. My immune system was most likely weakened by my weekend menu.

Saturday
Breakfast: Ben's Cookies
Lunch: Chadders
Dinner: Movie Theater popcorn and Little Caesar's Pizza
[Side note: This was my wedding dress shopping day. Maybe not the best idea I've ever had.]

Sunday
Lunch: Leftover Pizza
Dinner: Muddy Buddies and Turkey Steak

3 comments:

Michelle said...

haha I love your weekend menu! Especially the muddy buddies..don't weekends and muddy buddies treats go hand in hand?

Menlove Family said...

I can't believe I JUST found out you're engaged!!! Holy Cow Congrats Megan!!!! Its worth waiting around for the right guy right??? Any way, I'm so excited for you and I better get an invite :)!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recommendation, I've read this book and it's adorable, but I was worried they were going to slaughter it by making it a movie. Glad to know it was good. Can't wait for "Where The Wild Things Are"! :)