Thursday, October 22, 2009

Oh. Boy.

You know those nights when you can't sleep... and you find yourself looking at an entire photo album of a friend of a very distant friend's on facebook... and you find yourself making judgement calls about the complete strangers in the album... Like, "Oh, she looks nice," "I'll bet those two are a couple," OR "I can't believe someone wore that outfit" (hey, I never claimed to be perfect)? Well, tonight, as I was doing just that, I came across a photo album of ridiculously beautiful girls in photos taken in various locations around Europe. And then I saw THIS caption under one of the photos:

"Chateau D'iff (spelled incorrectly)- the location of one of my favorite movies."

And then I had this imaginary conversation with this dolled-up girl that was full of frustration as I yelled in my head, "WHAT ABOUT THE BOOK? You know, the classic. The one with pages and words that you read... with your brain. Oh, you had no idea there was a wonderful, timeless, compelling book written before the movie? Because there was.... and it was written LONG before. Let me introduce you to what we simple folk like to call a 'library.' "

And then I decided I'm ornery and I should go to bed.

But seriously. You should read the book- if you haven't already.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am ashamed to say I haven't read that book yet, but I have seen the movie. I WAS aware that there was a book, I just haven't gotten around to reading it. Adding it to the list... Thanks.

Jenny H said...

I don't have any idea what the hell you're talking about. I don't think I've read a classic in years...although my favorite book of all time is considered a classic (To Kill a Mockingbird).
That book was life changing for me.
So...do I get points for that?

Jenny H said...

Hope you are aware of my sarcasm...fyi. After re-reading that, I thought it may not have come across that well. Ha!

jess said...

Although the movie is rather good... I fell in love with this book long, long before a movie even existed.. and I agree with anyone to read it!

Marcie said...

Wait...you mean it wasn't just a movie?:)