Thursday, October 29, 2009

Oh, Now I'm Just Angry

Apparently my last post was part of a trend in my blogging circle. Some friends of mine and I have been on a similar angry wave length within just a few short days of each other. If you're feeling angry and you need to laugh at someone else who is frustrated, please go here, or here.

I have just one more rant to add to my list of things I hate... just one more, I promise. Then I'll TRY my hardest to be un-grumpy. Though I make no promises.

Imagine that you don't feel so well. You're not dying or anything, but you certainly don't feel well. And maybe you haven't for a long time because your stupid so-called "doctor" let your little problem go unattended for so long that it escalated into a full-blown issue. (I'm using a lot of hyphens lately, aren't I? I apologize ahead of time if they start to get out of hand.)

So then you go see a new doctor who actually deserves his degree and his job, and who happens to have a personality, which doesn't hurt when you're working with people. Oh, and he's not creepy and doesn't have the molester vibe that the former doctor had. This new, smart doctor finds the issue and gives you lots of prescriptions to take to nip the issue in the bud (or is it butt?).

Anyhow, let's say you then take your prescriptions to be filled and when you pick them up the pharmacy tech says something to you along the lines of, "Did your doctor say anything to you about the price of the blah, blah, blah medicine?"
"No, why? How much is it?"
"Well, it looks like your insurance knocked $600 off the price, so you only have to pay about $370."
At this point you can't say what you're thinking or what you really want to say. You just politely say, "I won't be picking that prescription up today, I think I'll take my chances at dying. Thank you."

Would you be mad??!?!? I think you would. Because as I imagine this very thing happening to me, I get very angry! But I have a very vivid imagination.

On a completely unrelated note, I just wanted to say that I think our health care system is in tip-top shape. I'm couldn't be more pleased with the services offered to me and the fairness in pricing. [Insert sarcastic tone and eye roll.]

3 comments:

Kristi said...

And then a tender mercy came to the rescue! ... but unfortunately didn't solve the healthcare cost problem... so we'll continue to politely take our chances at dying. But a tender mercy nonetheless! But that's "our little secret."

Andrea said...

Oh megs! I'm sorry, text me if it's about the same thing I have, I might have help for you, I was in the same boat with some of my medicine. I hope things work out!

Siggy said...

I totally understand. When I needed drugs for some killer migraines, the pharmacist rang it up and said an astronomical number. I said no thanks and that I would suffer. I hope you get well soon and i think you are the bomb.com!