Friday, July 10, 2009

101 Things for My 101st Post

In honor of my 101st post, I have decided to share my 101 list. These are 101 things that I would like to accomplish. We did this as an exercise for work a while ago, and my boss said that they don't all have to be realistic... so NO TEASING! (That's right, I just yelled at you.) I'm sharing my dreams with you. I kind of feel like I just invited you to sift through my underwear drawer. For the record, they're green polka dots today.

Oh, and these are not written in complete sentences, so just deal with it and try not to judge me.

1. Master's Degree
2. Law Degree
3. Doctorate Degree
4. Visit every continent
5. Learn the cello
6. Dance in the nutcracker
7. Live in a home on the coast of the PNW
8.  Get on an 8 hour/night sleep schedule
9. Meet Abraham Lincoln
10. Play the organ for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir
11. Own a silver 1967 Corvette
12. Help Norm rebuild a 30s hot rod
13. Write a book
14. Finish reading Les Mis and the Count of Monte Cristo, unabridged (blah!)
15. Play on a soccer team
16. Live in Boston
17. Surf in Hawaii
18. Hike Machu Pichu
19. Sail off the coast of Greece
20. Get married to my best friend
21. Have some children/a family
22. Learn to crochet
23. Learn the guitar
24. Re-learn the violin
25. Keep my living space clean at all times
26. Meet Clint Eastwood
27. Date Kyle Korver
28. See every Seinfield episode
29. Kayak off the coast of Washington
30. Become a yoga instructor
31. Lotoja
32. Wasatch Back Relay
33. Learn the Cha Cha
34. Eat authentic Mexican food
35. Ride an elephant
36. Ride in a hot air balloon
37. Read the Old(e) Testament- front to back
38. Hike it the Alps (check!)
39. Hike in the Himalayas
40. Walk the Great Wall of China
41. Own a ski boat
42. Clear the wake on a wakeboard
43. See a play at the Globe Theater
44. Dine with a current U.S. president
45. Overthrow NCLB with a better plan
46. Be a guest of Oprah
47. See COLDPLAY- LIVE
48. Ski at Targee
49. Sleep in an ice hotel in Scandinavia
50. Trace my roots in Denmark, England, and Ireland
51. Do temple work for all traceable ancestors
52. Go elk hunting
53. Write in my journal at least once a week
54. Change a flat tire all by myself
55. Change the oil in my car all by myself
56. Cook an entire Thanksgiving dinner for my whole family
57. Share the gospel with those I love
58. Replace and overcome my fear of my clip-in  pedals (ride them crash free)
59. Sail on the Great Salt Lake
60. Swim/float in the Dead Sea
61. Do volunteer work at an orphanage in Africa
62. Coach a Special Olympics team for at least a year
63. Volunteer monthly at Primary Children's
64. Grow a green thumb
65. Learn to fix a leaking sink
66. Memorize all the U.S. presidents along with the years they served in office
67. Visit all 50 states
68. Fish in Alaska
69. Hike the Subway
70. Hike the Grand Tetons (highest peak) with Erika
71. Take my parents on a vacation to Europe
72. Record my parents' personal history
73. Maintain a position as the cool aunt :)
74. Learn to play The Flight of the Bumblebee
75. Be a Utah Symphony season ticket holder
76. Own a baby grand piano
77. Attend a MLB and NFL game
78. Buy a car with cash
79. Beat Marcie in a handstand contest
80. Sew my own Halloween costume
81. Own a home
82. Hike Mt. Timpanogos and other cool peaks in Utah
83. Visit the Smithsonian museums
84. Serve a mission with my husband
85. Earn a reputation for some delicious baked good (not Muddy Buddies)
86. Learn another language (Spanish or French... or Latin)
87. Buy/build/inherit a cabin at Bear Lake or somewhere like it
88. Start and maintain a tradition of a yearly vacation with my BEST friends
89. Teach college level courses
90. Have a small child (not my own) named after me (nudge, nudge)
91. Sew a T-shirt quilt with my millions of T-shirts from college
92. Eat my daily servings of vegetables... everyday
93. Get off and stay off any and all meds for the rest of my life
94. Havasupai
95. Take photography classes
96. Take pottery classes
97. Live in the 20s and dress like a flapper
98. Become a multimillionaire so I can retire as a philanthropist 
99. Never see another Twilight movie as long as I live!!
100. Teach special ed
101. Live a happy and fulfilled life



And now you know that I live in a dream world.

12 comments:

ShaeMarie and Ryan said...

I must say that I am disappointed that so many of those dreams are so athletic... what has Erika done to you!? Just teasing, you have a great list going, I wish you luck on all of your dreams!

Lindsay said...

I could help you with #22, #80, and #97. I'll be in Kaysville for a couple of weeks in August if you're interested.

As I read your blog I keep wondering why we never hung out when we were both in Kaysville. You're such a cool person!

Travis said...

It would appear that I could help you with the following numbers:

15 - This is most easy.
33 - I won't say you'll wind up being ready for Dancing With The Stars, but you'll know the basics.
36 - This'd just take a little planning, so I'd need some advance notice.
47 - I can start a "Get Frankles to ColdPlay" fund.
54 - Just be willing to take orders, you'll learn just fine.
55 - Kinda like 54, this one's relatively easy.
82 - Mt. Olympus is closer.
85 - Do chocolate chip cookies count? Lasagna? Cheesecake?
99 - You'll never see me at one of those movies.

So there you go.
Let me know if you need me.

Ashli said...

I can help you out with #29...we live just minutes away from "Puget Sound". Your list is impressive. I am sure you will accomplish all of it cause you are awesome like that.
this is Ashli (Brady) Zeigler by the way. Hope you are doing well.

Marcie said...

I'm calling for a handstand re-match tomorrow. You shold be able to bet me not that i'm 5 1/2 pregnant.

Anonymous said...

Your blog is cute Megan. I love how you have "marry your best friend"..."have children"..."date Kyle Korver"

...I hope those aren't in order, but from what I've heard you say in church in past years, order isn't really necessary. Haha, I'm kidding, so kidding! I wish you the best of luck with your abundant goals! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure if I had a list it would be envious of your list.

Tatiana said...

Good aspirations! You were so close to Havasupi with us! You would have been a great addition! I wish you the best of luck with this list. I'm sure you will accomplish many, including being a guest on Oprah. She would love you!

Lara Vanhille said...

#88 is already done!! Viva Las Vegas here we come!!

Michelle said...

This list is a good example of why I love you.

Number 34 is an easy one, just come visit my guelita (grandma) with me. It will be a long trip, she lives in East Centerville. Together, I think we can do it.

Michelle said...

This list is a good example of why I love you.

Number 34 is an easy one, just come visit my guelita (grandma) with me. It will be a long trip, she lives in East Centerville. Together, I think we can do it.

Michelle said...

I meant what I said so much that I posted it twice.