Thursday, July 2, 2009

Freckle Juice

So last night I had an appointment with my esthetician. I've been seeing her every couple months for quite a while now. Last night I laid down on her little bed thingy. She got everything ready to go, turned toward me and exclaimed, "Whoa! Um... I have some bleach I think you need to start using on your face to help control your freckles." All of a sudden I was flooded with memories of reading Freckle Juice in third grade and wondering, while reading it, if there really was a way to rid myself of freckles. After all these years, I've finally accepted my freckled self and now a licensed professional is telling me there is an actual product that can gradually bleach away my freckles. Where was she when I was nine?!


But seriously, as an adult, who worries about having freckles (because now I kind of am)?

6 comments:

Travis said...

I happen to like freckles... They're a rarity that should be appreciated and celebrated. Kind of like midgets.

Hollie said...

I kind of like it when people, especially those whose livlihood depends on the sale of a product or service, point out my physical faults. The green tea weight loss sales people practically chase me through the mall. As if going to the mall wasn't humiliating enough. Or the Clinque sales lady who says, "are you sure all you need is lipstick?"
I think your freckles are cute. Freckle Juice made me want freckles. They're better than moles any day.

Michelle said...

Embrace them, I've always wanted freckles.

The Professor said...

Huh...for a second I wondered if this was going to be a post about Frankles. Still waiting, I guess.

Marcie said...

I like your freckles, i always have and besides they always fade away by september. Consider this a second opinion from another esthetician.

Anonymous said...

I'm almost positive I have a million more freckles then you... I love my freckles and I love freckles on you.

Don't bleach them! That would be terribly silly.