Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Take it from these guys...

Dating would be a lot less bothersome if the time I spent with boys I date was more like time I spend with my nephews. Dates are hit and miss; nephews are always fun and ALWAYS make me feel good. In an effort to help the many helpless boys in the world (bless their hearts), I have compiled a list of things I love about spending time with my nephews. When taken to heart and applied to dating, these tips can be oober helpful and improve success rates in dating— I golden guarantee it! 

Go ahead, give it a whirl.

1. Laugh at the lame jokes I tell
2. Sing along to songs I make up about you
3. Talk about how much you miss your mom when you're out with me
4. Believe everything I tell you
5. Get so excited about going out with me that you can't finish your dinner
6. Let me choose what music we listen to
7. Make fake siren noises and tell me that I'm being pulled over
8. Fight with another person at the movie theater about getting to sit right next to me (or on my lap)
9. Hold my hand tight during scary parts of the movie
10. Laugh ridiculously hard at really, really lame parts of the movie
11. Get really excited about something you saw in the movie and talk on and on and on about how you're going to make it happen in real life
12. Tell me that I look boo-tiful, even when I probably look like a boy
13. Sing "You Are My Sunshine" with me while we're grocery shopping
14. Push the buttons for me on the credit card machine at the check out
15. Offer to share your mushy, sticky banana with me and look sad when I don't want a bite
16. Believe that your dad really could fly to the moon if he wanted to
17. Ask me to verify anything that you're not sure about
18. Let me play with your toys
19. Make me cards and pictures out of colored glue, glitter, etc.
20. Get sad and cry at the end of the night when the date has to end

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Talk about how much you miss your mom when you're out with me

That would win me over.

Probably the best post ever.

Hollie said...

Funny post Meg. But do you really want your dates to cry at the end of the night? It would be cute at first, but I think it would get obnoxious after awhile.

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love nephews! That is such a smart list of tips! :)